- DC site is located near Vilnius on a private owned territory (15 ha) matching the criteria for locating a TIER IV data center
- Low risk of natural and man-made hazards
- One of the highest locations in Lithuania – 231m above sea level
- Distance to the city center – 14 km
- Distance to the Airport – 11 km
- Next to the international IXB Corridor between Lithuania and Belarus
- Major engineering systems: water supply, sewerage, redundant power supply, gas pipeline, fiber optic metro ring
Lower corporation tax rate than the Nordic countries (15% corporation tax rate in Lithuania).
Thanks to new NordBalt power connections energy price similar to prices found in the Nordic countries (among the cheapest green power in Europe) .
Data transit country between Western Europe, CIS and Scandinavia.
Major TIER I ISP’s POP’s presence are available.
Amsterdam 30 ms
Frankfurt 28 ms
London 38 ms
Berlin 20 ms
Moscow 21 ms
Kiev 21 ms
Warsaw 10 ms
Stockholm 20 ms
There are currently five cross-border links to Lithuania, providing energy security; Sweden (700MW), Poland (500MW), Latvia (241MW), Kaliningrad (241MW), Belarus (466MW).
The two new links completed in 2015 helped to highly increase national power grid redundancy. The first of these is Nordbalt, a new 400kV High Voltage Direct Current submarine cable between Klaipeda, Lithuania, and Nybro, Sweden. The cable provides 700MW of green power.
The second of the new connections is a 400kV HVDC overhead transmission link from Elk, Poland, to Alytus, Lithuania, which provides 500MW power.
With the completion of these two new links there is now sufficient power connections to Western Europe to balance or even replace the requirement for Russian and Belorussian power imports.
Lithuania is ranked as one of the
safest locations in the world on the World Risk Index (Download 2014 report here: http://i.unu.edu/media/ehs.unu.edu/news/4070/11896.pdf)
A member of the European Union, NATO and the World Trade Organization.
Over 50 Bilateral Investment Treaties with other states worldwide
Cost efficient cooling – the average annual ambient
temperature is 6.2°C (43.2°F)